Will you be making any resolutions? As we ring in the New Year, I thought I'd share the Golden Rules for Living by Miriam Hamilton Keare. These simple rules are useful for all, but especially easy for children to understand and practice.
- If you open it, close it.
- If you turn it on, turn it off.
- If you unlock it, lock it up.
- If you break it, admit it.
- If you can't fix it, call in someone who can.
- If you borrow it, return it.
- If you value it, take care of it.
- If you make a mess, clean it up.
- If you move it, put it back.
- If it belongs to someone else, get permission to use it.
- If you don't know how to operate it, leave it alone.
- If it's none of your business, don't ask questions.
It only takes 3 weeks to instill a good habit. Have a safe New Year's Eve!