02 03 Adventure with the RMKK People: For the Birds 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

For the Birds

34
by Marlene

Geese
One of the things that became quite apparent to me when I moved to Montana was that people really do appreciate wildlife here. I’m not suggesting that there aren’t nature lover’s everywhere, but that animals and birds seem to be a more integral part of everyday life. Perhaps it’s just me, as I came from a big city and now live a small town lifestyle, so it may be that these behaviors are more noticeable to me. Because I believe we find what we look for, I am seeing what I’m searching for.

Spring is a wonderful bird watching time and the newspaper has been publishing photos of birds for the last couple of days. A picture of a Canada Goose nesting in an Osprey nest occupied most of yesterday’s front page and in today’s Outdoor section, ducks and geese take center stage with three photographs. Just about a week ago, we all ran outside to watch a bald eagle soaring over our house and this afternoon the girls and I are going bird watching with the Nature Journal Group.

I guess I don’t have much else to say other than Montana’s natural beauty and wide-open spaces make it easy to commune with nature.

Cranes in west valley

Turkeys crossing Woodland Drive

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38