Today I was going to talk about the average snowfall statistics in Kalispell.
I was going to tell you that our average annual snowfall is 64.9 inches, that our season to date has only been 29.9 inches, and that our average season to date should be around 36.3. Boy, that was a mouthful.
I was going to reference another article I wrote about a month ago about how quiet it is when it snows.
But something much more interesting and important has crossed my path. I found out that it's National Popcorn Day! Nope, I'm not kidding. January 19th is National Popcorn Day and it's one of the hottest searches on the Internet.
So instead of talking about all of those boring snow statistics, I thought I'd take this opportunity to mention how easy it is to get a popcorn fix in Kalispell.
All you need to do is have Les Schwab swap out your seasonal tires (from summer to studded or vice versa). A little late for the studs though. If you've survived the icy roads so far, I wouldn't bother. And it's way too early to change to summer tires. No telling what's around the corner in the weather department and we have all the way until May 31st to remove our studs.
Another option is to visit the "helpful hardware man" also known as an Ace Hardware store.
Les Schwab and Ace always have FREE popcorn available to patrons. It's western hospitality, Montana style and their coffee is always hot too.
I know the farmers are promoting corn today, but if you don't like popcorn, stop in at Glacier Bank for some scrumptious complimentary cookies.