A-ah, it's moments like this when all of the work of canning pays off. Remember last summer when we were picking hucks on Big Mountain, cherries down along the lake, and apples from the backyard? We were blessed with tons of fruit and it seemed like the picking, cleaning, peeling, and pitting would never end, not to mention the two weeks of non-stop canning. Our cherry jam came out yummy, our applesauce is really delicious on pancakes, but I do believe our huckleberry jam is the BEST! Sweet and aromatic, there's nothing like popping off the lid of a jar of huckleberry jam and taking in a whiff of its natural goodness. It's made breakfast a little extra special. It's one of those sweet rewards you get for all your work. By the way, we did make that canned apple pie recipe but I can't say that I'm all that crazy about it.
Any canning tales? Simple success or dreaded disaster...we'd love to hear about it!
Other articles you might like:
Now to the other stuff. My oldest kid turned 36 last Thursday. I wrote an article titled "She's Having a Baby". You can click the link if you like.
Peace,
Marlene