02 03 Adventure with the RMKK People: No Sense at All 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

No Sense at All

34
Grandpa Davey wrote a story titled "No Sense at All". It begins. 

Here’s a story that some find quite humorous, not like ha ha, but funny because it’s not funny.
Be prepared to travel through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That’s the signpost up ahead – your next stop, the Twilight Zone!
At 17 I prepared to embark on, as only a teenager can experience, another boring night of excitement. In a fresh unexplored world, we cruised the night to the high fidelity sounds of what was to become Classic Rock.
Using Windex aerosol foam, I polished the car windows clear as glass. Externally, my new yellow Torino was ready to roll. Inside the cockpit I ran through the final checklist. Gum for Sweet Mom, Pic coils for mosquitoes and thirteen bulky 8-track tapes were all accounted for. But wait! Something was amiss. read more!
 ______________________________________________


All of our kids know the story of the 8-track tapes, as it has been repeated often.  It's so mind-boggling, I sometimes wonder if they dismiss it. I have a similar story to "No Sense at All" and it goes like this.  

Some time back, I purchased 4 juice glasses at the local thrift store. I am notorious for breaking glasses and can get them cheap there. I paid for the glasses and the cashier wrapped them securely in paper. Happy to have found another thrift store bargain, I took my receipt and went home. Not a day or two later, I broke one of the glasses. Not to worry though, it was only 25 cents. Now I know these 25 cents can add up but at least I'm not breaking the expensive ones anymore. The broken glass was cleaned up and that was that. This is where it gets strange. The next time I went to get these glasses, there were 4 of them in the cupboard. Not three, but four. I immediately knew that the universe was showing me something special and told everyone else. They behaved with the same initial skepticism as most people do by trying to tell me that I must have been mistaken as to how many I had purchased. I began to question myself as well and furnished the receipt as proof. Four glasses at 25 cents each. It's just one of those things that makes "No Sense at All". 

I'll leave you to ponder this:

Do I sleep? Do I dream?
Do I wander and doubt?
Are things what they seem?
Or is visions about?
                                                Further Language from Truthful James

You may also like:


Peace,
Marlene


Labels:

35 36 37 38