02 03 Adventure with the RMKK People: A Great Pumpkin 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Great Pumpkin

34
Grocery Store Pumpkins


Some people take their Great Pumpkin growing efforts quite seriously. So seriously they are willing to pay a colossal price for seeds.
Unless you are a pumpkin farmer or a hobbyist out to grow a super-sized pumpkin, you probably don’t have a clue what the seeds cost to grow these orange beauties.
I know I didn’t until I read about a man in Polson who grew Montana’s biggest pumpkin. His gigantic pumpkin smashed the previous state record by a whopping 111 pounds.
His is not the most gargantuan pumpkin ever grown however, as the world champion pumpkin weighed in at a massive 1,810 and ½ lbs. It was grown in Wisconsin. The winning seed from this mammoth was selling for an enormous sum – up to $2,600 for one seed.
Yep, one seed!
continue reading
Till next time,
Marlene

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38